Our areas of expertise include advising State Authorities on the scope of cover provided under the indemnity schemes operated by the State Claims Agency. We also carry out value for money and cost of insurance reviews to support Public Financial Procedures (PFP).
- Indemnity, insurance and risk advices to State Authorities
- Briefings and training to State Authorities on insurance and indemnity matters
- Procurement and Request for Tender (RFT) advices
- Cost of insurance reviews
- Value for money reviews
Insurance and indemnity guidance
Insurance requirements are included in contracts to ensure that third party contractors/tenderers have the financial resources to respond to claims where it is found liable for negligent acts or omissions appropriate to the type of products/services provided and the associated risk exposures involved in performing their obligations under the contract. Insurance requirements are intended to protect an organisation from bearing the cost of claims arising from the negligent acts or omissions of tenderers/contractors.
We have set out below guidance on specifying and reviewing insurance requirements when developing RFT documents and entering into a contract for service arrangement with a third party.
State Indemnity Guidance
- Guidance for determining insurance requirements for goods and services RFTs and contracts
- State Indemnity Guidance - Use of Contractors
Templates for download
Editable templates, which form part of this guidance, are available below.