The State Claims Agency is the name given to the National Treasury Management Agency when performing its claims management and related risk management functions and, also, its legal costs management functions.
The National Treasury Management Agency board comprises nine members. Six members, including the Chairperson, are appointed by the Minister for Finance. The Chief Executive of the National Treasury Management Agency and the Secretaries General of the Departments of Finance and Public Expenditure and Reform are ex-officio
members of the board. The National Treasury Management Agency reports to the Minister for Finance.
State Claims Agency Strategy Committee
The State Claims Agency Strategy Committee assists the board in the performance of its State Claims Agency functions by providing advice and guidance on strategic, policy and certain operational issues. The Committee comprises nine members: two members of the board, the Director, State Claims Agency and six persons who are not members of the board but who have acquired substantial relevant expertise and experience and who are appointed by the Agency with the consent of the Minister for Finance (external members).
The members of the Committee are:
- Martin Murphy (Chairperson) (Board member), Former Managing Director and Chairman of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Ireland, currently Chairman of Ulster Bank and Chairman of Echelon Data Centres
- David Moloney, (Board Member), Secretary General Secretary, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Ciarán Breen (Director, State Claims Agency)
- Professor Sir Sabaratnam Arulkumaran (external member), Professor Emeritus of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at St. George’s University of London
- Tom Beegan (external member), Risk Consultant and former CEO of the Health and Safety authority
- Donogh Crowley (external member), Former Partner, Arthur Cox Solicitors
- Kerry McConnell (external member), Chartered Accountant, former CFO RSA Insurance Ireland DAC, currently CFO IPL Global
- Julie O’Neill (external member), Former Executive Vice President, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc
There is currently one vacancy on the Committee