The State Claims Agency (SCA), the claims and risk management function of the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA), held the inaugural Enterprise Risk Network Recognition Awards ceremony for Delegated State authorities (DSAs) in the Botanic Gardens, on Thursday 8 June 2017, as part of the Enterprise Risk Network (ERN).
The Awards acknowledged the work of State bodies in the area of enterprise risk management and commended the on-going process of continuous improvement and progress in the management of risk across the State sector.
The awards had two categories:
- Category A – Recognition Award for Successful Joint Collaborations between a DSA and SCA on a Risk Management Initiative
- Category B – Recognition Award for the Implementation of a Risk Management Initiative by a DSA
The awards recognised exceptional performance in the area of risk management and were presented by the Chief Executive of the NTMA, Conor O’Kelly and retired rugby international, Alan Quinlan.
Category A Winners were as follows:
- Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine – Implementation of an OHSMS
- Office of Public Works (OPW) – Management of the 1916 Centenary Events
- Health Service Executive (HSE) – Performance in the implementation of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Irish Prison Service (IPS) –Roll Out of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Category B winners were as follows:
- Waterways Ireland – Safety Seminar/Event ‘Focus on Safety’;
- Defence Forces – Naval Service Fleet Asbestos Management Policy & Programme;
- National Rehabilitation Hospital – Positive Work Environment Group Initiative.