The State Claims Agency has written to the Bar Council of Ireland to advise that it is seeking to establish 17 panels of barristers to provide legal services to it, with such services to be provided across all court circuits, nationwide.
Panel barristers are instructed by State Claims Agency in-house and external litigation solicitor firms to act on behalf of the State Authorities whose claims are delegated to the State Claims Agency for management under the Clinical Indemnity Scheme and General Indemnity Scheme.
Claims managed by the State Claims Agency include personal injury and property damage claims.
Who is eligible to apply?
The State Claims Agency seeks applications from junior and senior counsel with relevant experience who can demonstrate a track record of acting on behalf of defendants in employers’ liability, public liability and property damage claims (General Indemnity Scheme) and/or clinical negligence claims (Clinical Indemnity Scheme).
Applications for each panel will be evaluated based on a number of factors including the requisite skill and experience demonstrated in the application, the fees tendered, and the number and quality of the other applications received for that panel.
How to apply?
The application process opens on Tuesday 18 May 2021 and all applications must be received by 6.00pm on Tuesday 15 June 2021. Applicants may apply for all panels where they can demonstrate that they have the requisite skills and experience.
Applications will comprise, and applicants must download, complete and submit:
Part B: Tendered Fees Spreadsheet (using the appropriate sheet(s)) in Microsoft Excel:
- Clinical lndemnity Scheme Tendered Fees for senior counsel (Updated: 19 May 2021)) Download 0.01 MB
- Clinical lndemnity SchemeTendered Fees for junior counsel (Updated: 9 June 2021) Download 0.02 MB
- General lndemnity Scheme Tendered Fees for senior counsel Download 0.02 MB
- General lndemnity Scheme Tendered Fees for junior counsel Download 0.02 MB
Completed applications should be submitted by email to the dedicated email address for each panel to which the applicant wishes to apply. Full details on the process, including the list of panels, dedicated email addresses and an information notice can be found below at ‘Supporting Information’.
The documents listed below provide further information to applicants, and this list will be updated during the process, as required:
- *New* Clarification Notice and Questions and Responses 4 (Added: 9 June 2021) Download 0.1 MB
- Clarification Notice and Questions and Responses 3 (Added: 8 June 2021) Download 0.09 MB
- Clarification Notice and Questions and Responses 2 (Added: 2 June 2021) Download 0.07 MB
- Clarification Notice and Questions and Responses 1 (Added: 28 May 2021) Download 0.07 MB
- Information Notice on application process (including list of panels and dedicated email addresses for receipt of completed applications) Download 0.28 MB
- Agreement for the provision of legal services to State Claims Agency (Legal Services Agreement) Download 0.28 MB
- Frequently Asked Questions Download 0.22 MB
Please direct any queries on the process to email@example.com. Queries must be received before 6.00pm on Tuesday 01 June 2021. No queries received after that date will be answered. The State Claims Agency will endeavour to publish responses to queries (with personal data removed) no later than 6.00pm on Wednesday 09 June 2021.
The State Claims Agency reserves the right to amend and/or update the documents and information during the application period.
Queries and responses relating to the process, together with any updated information or amendments to documents, will be published under ‘Supporting Information’ above.