The State Claims Agency’s National Quality, Clinical Risk & Patient Safety Conference was held in the RDS on 19 November 2019.
This conference was attended by more than 300 healthcare professionals from Ireland and overseas – including HSE and Department of Health representatives, consultants, midwives, nurses and risk managers.
Throughout the day, national and international speakers explored the key theme of communication and its impact on patient safety.
- Mr Ciaran Devane, Chairperson, HSE Board
- Mr Bill Prasifka, CEO, Medical Council
- Ms Mandy Hickson, Former RAF Pilot & Human Factors Facilitator
- Dr Karen Ryan, Chairperson, National Clinical Effectiveness Committee (NCEC)
- Professor Tim Draycott, Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Bristol UK, and originator of PROMPT training
- Ms Winifred Ryan, National Lead, Patient and Service User Feedback, HSE
- Dr Eva Doherty, Director of the Human Factors and Patient Safety, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI)
- Professor Michael O’Neill, Former Clinical Director, Mayo General Hospital
- Professor Peter Gillen, Consultant Surgeon, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital and RCSI
- Professor Mary Codd, School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science, University College Dublin
A number of presentations from the day are available below.
- Clinical Incidents and the NCHD – Professor Michael O’Neill Download 0.05 MB
- Communication from a regulatory perspective – Bill Prasifka Download 0.83 MB
- Delivering better birthdays – Professor Tim Draycott and Cathy Winter Download 11.88 MB
- Leading from the front – Mandy Hickson Download 2.97 MB
- National Clinical Guidelines – their contribution to clinical effectiveness movement in Ireland – Professor Karen Ryan Download 3.57 MB